Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Am Blessed

You know life is so good.  I have a loving husband, a wonderful son, a great family and wonderful dogs.  I am blessed to have a job that I go to each day knowing that I am doing good for the people we represent and a place that has devotion for its employees every Thursday. I am blessed that we have Aaron in a great Christian school that has chapel during the week to teach them the Word of God.  I have a home and a roof over my head and I have food on my table, I am blessed.  We finally found renters for our Florida home, I am blessed.  We found a church that we love and are free to go to and worship, I am blessed.

Even though I am blessed I still find myself stressed out and going through the emotions of life in general.  I'm preparing to go out of town for a week long trial and trial prep has been quite stressful.  But despite all of that life is still good and I am still blessed.  Despite how good life is for me I forget that life may not be so great for everyone.

Aaron shared with me that today in chapel the preacher said that he was extending an invitation for those who need to talk to stay after chapel as he felt God had laid it on his heart that there were those present who were contemplating suicide.  Sadly enough 3 people stayed after.  This makes me so sad, but I hope that through his guidance and God's grace these kids will see that they too are truly blessed.

We are coming up to Easter time and it is my hope that everyone will remember that they are blessed.  They are blessed because Jesus paid the ultimate price......He gave His life on the cross so that we could all have everlasting life.  Yes, we are all truly blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. How true that is, we are all blessed, even when we don't feel like we are. We don't deserve anything, however with a Gracious God, He has given us the opportunity to have those sins of ours forgiven and to have a relationship with Him so that we might have eternal life.

    ReplyDelete